Trainee Technical Author
dcs is a highly respected, progressive and rapidly expanding company which has been in the Technical Publications industry for over 20 years. dcs prides itself on the relationship with its employees.
- The successful candidate is likely to have a degree in either electro/mechanical or electronics engineering or a high level of experience in the engineering field.
- Good IT skills.
- A well-organised approach.
- Team player.
Researching and information gathering:
- Understanding the business systems and applications for which documentation is to be prepared;
- Gathering and analysing the information needs of the end user.
Communicating and Collaborating:
- Attending team planning/briefing meetings;
- Questioning developers and managers to clarify technical issues and obtain information;
- Satisfying user requirements by liaising with in-house subject matter experts’ and sales and marketing specialists;
- Working with translators, printers and service providers.
Writing and Editing Content:
- Writing, editing and presenting information in clear and simple English and to fit with the agreed style, making sure the information is organised effectively;
- Commissioning and co-ordinating in house illustration work;
- Indexing and cataloguing material;
- A clear and concise writing style;
- A flair for turning technical subjects and jargon into easily understood text;
- The ability to absorb information quickly;
- An analytical mind and an inquisitive nature;
- A curiosity about how things work.
Working hours are 37 hours per week Monday to Friday. However, there may be a requirement to work longer hours to finish projects on time. The work is normally office-based at Letchworth, but can be at our customers premises for certain periods of time.
20 days Holiday plus Bank Holidays.
Salary dependent on qualifications and experience.
Additional training and in-house mentoring will accompany this role.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org